ISP Network Administrator
Spencer Municipal Utilities (SMU) is a successful municipally-owned utility provider currently seeking a full-time ISP Network Administrator to join the team due to a recent promotion within the company. Reporting directly to the Telecommunications Manager, the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and systems/network management as well as problem-solving and working with end-users. This position has complete responsibility to provide and carry out planning, development, implementation, operation, and technical support for SMU’s network operations both customer and corporate.
- Technology strategic planning, disaster recovery, network administration, security administration, telecommunications, and document management
- Plan, implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers
- Configure firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security; maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Engineer, design, configure, install, integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco routers and switches; update network equipment to the latest firmware releases and industry best practices;
- Provide input, design, troubleshoot technology related problems that might include routing, data center network design, intermittent packet loss, latency issues, system connectivity and equipment failure.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related program; or a combination of education and relevant work experience totaling five (5) years.
- At least one (1) to three (3) years networking experience
- CCNA certification desired but not required
- Experience with designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting complex voice, video, and data networks.
- Proficient engineering of routing infrastructure with a thorough understanding of CISCO routing and switching platforms.
- The ability to understand, design, recommend, and implement QoS, IPv4, IPv6, Carrier Grade NAT, and DNS.
- An understanding of DS1, DS3, PRI, SIP, SIP Trunking, Hosted Phone.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following systems is desired but not required. C15, Calix CMS and SMX, APMax and Innostream
- Required to possess and maintain a valid Iowa driver’s license and meet SMU insurability requirements.
To apply candidates must complete an SMU application. Applications can be found on our website at www.smunet.net (click on careers in the ‘About’ tab) or applicants may complete an online application utilizing SMU’s computer by appointment located in our lobby during regular business hours at 520 2nd Avenue East, Suite 1, Spencer, IA.
SMU is an equal opportunity employer, offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package that includes health/dental/vision/long term disability/group life insurance, IPERS, 457(b) retirement plan, clothing allowance along with paid time off for vacations and holidays. Post-offer drug test is required.
Applications accepted through 11/6/2020.