Drinking Water Advisories
Spencer Municipal Utilities will issue a Drinking Water Advisory when an area of our water system has lost pressure. If an Advisory is issued for your service address, here are details on when you need to boil water or not boil water for use.
- Water for drinking and food preparation
- Water for brushing teeth and washing dishes
- Water for your pets
- Water for ice
Don’t Boil Water:
- If you’re washing your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- For showering or bathing as long as you don’t ingest the water
- For watering plants or gardening
- For laundry
How to Boil:
During a drinking water advisory, it is recommended water be boiled before using for drinking or cooking. Bring water to a boil, let it boil for one minute, let it cool before using; or use bottled water.