As Spencer’s water usage continues to grow, SMU also works to educate customers on how to save water.
SMU has a few items available for customers (while supplies last) to install in their home or business to help conserve water. Stop into our customer service center to see if any of these free tools will help you as an SMU customer in conserving water.
Another thing to help with water conservation: SMU has kits available to customers if you feel you may have a leaky toilet. Making sure there isn’t a leak is another way of conserving water in your home. If you feel you may need to test a toilet, stop in and pick up a kit from us.
Some other simple ways you can conserve water are:
- Repair Leaks
- Purchase water efficient appliances and faucets
- Reduce unnecessary water usage
- Plant native or appropriate plants for the climate/location
- Use rain barrels/cisterns
- Use soaker lines for irrigation